- Paper "Vide-omics: A Genomics-inspired Paradigm for Video Analysis" published in Computer Vision and Image Understanding journal
- Viva of PhD Thesis "Development of a scalable, reproducible and semantically interoperable emergency triage system" by my student José Miguel Bellod Guillén
- Looking for experts and companies interested/working in image-based trade mark retrieval. Contact me.
- Invited talk at the International Workshop on Assistive & Rehabilitation Technology (IWART 2016)
- 2nd IET International Conference on Technologies for Active and Assisted Living (TechAAL 2016) chaired in London
- Paper "Human Action Recognition Based on Temporal Pyramid of Key Poses Using RGB-D Sensors" presented by Enea Cippitelli at ACIVS 2016 is awarded the Best Student Paper prize
I am an Associate Professor at the Department of Computer Technology, University of Alicante (Spain) where I belong to the Domotics and Ambient Intelligence (DAI) research group and the University Institute for Computer Research (IUII).
Between 2011 and 2016, I had several positions (Marie Curie fellow, and Senior Researcher) at the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Computing, Kingston University, where I led the Theme on Technologies for Active and Assisted Living in the Interdisciplinary Hub for the Study of Health and Age-related conditions (IhSHA). I was also a member of the Digital Information Research Centre.
My main research work is focused on ambient assisted living: person-environment interaction, computer vision, and support to the activities of daily living of elderly and/or disabled people. This is the area of application of my whole research background: computational intelligence (neural networks, evolutionary computation), computer vision, home automation, and assistive technologies.