- Looking for experts and companies interested/working in image-based trade mark retrieval. Contact me.
- Invited talk at the International Workshop on Assistive & Rehabilitation Technology (IWART 2016)
- 2nd IET International Conference on Technologies for Active and Assisted Living (TechAAL 2016) chaired in London
- Paper "Human Action Recognition Based on Temporal Pyramid of Key Poses Using RGB-D Sensors" presented by Enea Cippitelli at ACIVS 2016 is awarded the Best Student Paper prize
- Published call for papers on Computer Vision in Healthcare and Assisted Living for the IET Computer Vision journal. Deadline on 23 January 2017
- Workshop on "Expectations for AAL and Enhanced Living Environments" chaired at the AAL Forum 2016
- Paper "Validation Techniques for Sensor Data in Mobile Health Applications" has been published in the Journal of Sensors
- Book "Active and Assisted Living: Technologies and Applications" published by The Institution of Engineering and Technology.
I am an Associate Professor at the Department of Computer Technology, University of Alicante (Spain) where I belong to the Domotics and Ambient Intelligence (DAI) research group and the University Institute for Computer Research (IUII).
Between 2011 and 2016, I had several positions (Marie Curie fellow, and Senior Researcher) at the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Computing, Kingston University, where I led the Theme on Technologies for Active and Assisted Living in the Interdisciplinary Hub for the Study of Health and Age-related conditions (IhSHA). I was also a member of the Digital Information Research Centre.
My main research work is focused on ambient assisted living: person-environment interaction, computer vision, and support to the activities of daily living of elderly and/or disabled people. This is the area of application of my whole research background: computational intelligence (neural networks, evolutionary computation), computer vision, home automation, and assistive technologies.