- Artículo divulgativo "Los ordenadores son vigilantes novatos; la genómica les enseña a ser mejores" sobre la videómica publicado en The Conversation España
- Invited keynote on visual monitoring of people in AAL applications at BMVA Symposium: Computer Vision for smart environments and assisted living in London
- Presentation of our new EU project PAAL - Privacy-Aware and Acceptable Lifelogging services for older and frail people, funded under the framework of the Joint Programming Initiative "More Years, Better Lives," at the JPI MYBL Conference
- The Special Issue on Computer Vision in Healthcare and Assisted Living in the IET Computer Vision journal is published
- Paper Recognition of Activities of Daily Living Based on Environmental Analyses Using Audio Fingerprinting Techniques: A Systematic Review publised in the Sensors journal
- Paper "Vide-omics: A Genomics-inspired Paradigm for Video Analysis" published in Computer Vision and Image Understanding journal
I am an Associate Professor at the Department of Computer Technology, University of Alicante (Spain) where I belong to the Domotics and Ambient Intelligence (DAI) research group and the University Institute for Computer Research (IUII).
Between 2011 and 2016, I had several positions (Marie Curie fellow, and Senior Researcher) at the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Computing, Kingston University, where I led the Theme on Technologies for Active and Assisted Living in the Interdisciplinary Hub for the Study of Health and Age-related conditions (IhSHA). I was also a member of the Digital Information Research Centre.
My main research work is focused on ambient assisted living: person-environment interaction, computer vision, and support to the activities of daily living of elderly and/or disabled people. This is the area of application of my whole research background: computational intelligence (neural networks, evolutionary computation), computer vision, home automation, and assistive technologies.
I am currently the coordinator of PAAL - Privacy-Aware and Acceptable Lifelogging services for older and frail people, funded under the framework of the transnational Joint Programming Initiative "More Years, Better Lives".