- Our COST Action proposal "GoodBrother - Network on Privacy-Aware Audio- and Video-Based Applications for Active and Assisted Living" is approved by the COST Association.
- Participation in panel on "The Internet of Health Things: applications, benefits, and challenges" at the CPDP International Conference on Data Protection and Artificial Intelligence in Brussels.
- Our Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network proposal "visuAAL - Privacy-Aware and Acceptable Video-Based Technologies and Services for Active and Assisted Living" is selected for funding. visuAAL will start on 1st September 2021.
- Organisation of workshop "Towards privacy-aware and acceptable lifelogging services for older and frail people" at the AAL Forum 2019.
- Paper "A review on video-based active and assisted living technologies for automated lifelogging" published in Expert Systems with Applications journal.
I am an Associate Professor at the Department of Computer Technology, University of Alicante (Spain) where I belong to the Domotics and Ambient Intelligence (DAI) research group and the University Institute for Computer Research (IUII).
My main research work is focused on ambient assisted living: person-environment interaction, computer vision, and support to the activities of daily living of elderly and/or disabled people. This is the area of application of my whole research background: computational intelligence (neural networks, evolutionary computation), computer vision, home automation, and assistive technologies.
Between 2011 and 2016, I had several positions (Marie Curie fellow, and Senior Researcher) at the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Computing, Kingston University, where I led the Theme on Technologies for Active and Assisted Living in the Interdisciplinary Hub for the Study of Health and Age-related conditions (IhSHA). I was also a member of the Digital Information Research Centre.
I am currently the coordinator of PAAL - Privacy-Aware and Acceptable Lifelogging services for older and frail people, funded under the framework of the transnational Joint Programming Initiative "More Years, Better Lives", and visuAAL - Privacy-Aware and Acceptable Video-Based Technologies and Services for Active and Assisted Living, a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network. I am also the Main Proposer of the GoodBrother COST Action - International Network on Privacy-Aware Audio- and Video-Based Applications for Active and Assisted Living