- Call for 15 PhD positions linked to the visuAAL project are open. More information here. Deadline: 20 November 2020.
- COST Action "GoodBrother - Network on Privacy-Aware Audio- and Video-Based Applications for Active and Assisted Living" starts. I am elected Chair of this COST Action.
- Our Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network proposal "visuAAL - Privacy-Aware and Acceptable Video-Based Technologies and Services for Active and Assisted Living" starts.
- Our COST Action proposal "GoodBrother - Network on Privacy-Aware Audio- and Video-Based Applications for Active and Assisted Living" is approved by the COST Association.
- Participation in panel on "The Internet of Health Things: applications, benefits, and challenges" at the CPDP International Conference on Data Protection and Artificial Intelligence in Brussels.
I am an Associate Professor at the Department of Computer Technology, University of Alicante (Spain) where I belong to the Domotics and Ambient Intelligence (DAI) research group and the University Institute for Computer Research (IUII).
My main research work is focused on ambient assisted living: person-environment interaction, computer vision, and support to the activities of daily living of elderly and/or disabled people. This is the area of application of my whole research background: computational intelligence (neural networks, evolutionary computation), computer vision, home automation, and assistive technologies.
Between 2011 and 2016, I had several positions (Marie Curie fellow, and Senior Researcher) at the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Computing, Kingston University, where I led the Theme on Technologies for Active and Assisted Living in the Interdisciplinary Hub for the Study of Health and Age-related conditions (IhSHA). I was also a member of the Digital Information Research Centre.
I am currently the coordinator of PAAL - Privacy-Aware and Acceptable Lifelogging services for older and frail people, funded under the framework of the transnational Joint Programming Initiative "More Years, Better Lives", and visuAAL - Privacy-Aware and Acceptable Video-Based Technologies and Services for Active and Assisted Living, a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network. I am also the Chair of the GoodBrother COST Action - International Network on Privacy-Aware Audio- and Video-Based Applications for Active and Assisted Living